We need volunteers to help with:
Fill out a Volunteer Application
- Grant writing
- Transporting animals
if you are interested and we will get in touch with you!!
Foster Parents Needed!
We are in need of foster parents for dogs and puppies! Please submit an application
if you are interested in becoming in a foster parent.
What is the Foster Care Program?
The foster care program is a program by
which LHAS is able to temporarily
place animals into the homes of
volunteers until they are adopted into loving forever homes.
Anyone Interested in Being a Foster Care
- Fill out an application and have it
approved by the program coordinators.
- Attend orientation and training sessions.
- Have landlord approval if necessary.
- Host a home visit by LHAS staff.
- Have adequate space, time, and energy
to care for foster animals.
What does a Foster Parent do?
families should be ready to:
- Provide a secure home, food, water,
socialization, training, exercise, and
administer medication for foster animals.
- Observe animals and report any problems
or questions to LHAS.
- Bring animals to adoption events
Who Benefits From This Program?
The animals: Foster care for shelter animals
has a direct impact on the number of homeless
animals saved each year.
The volunteers: Foster care is an incredibly
rewarding experience because you help
animals find lifelong homes.
The community: Foster care provides the
community a larger segment of healthy,